Friday, August 17, 2007

sliiiiide to the left! sliiiiiiide to the right!

Okay, last time I agree to do shots with my brother. I don't even really like tequila, or limes, or the gooey residue they leave on my hands. But I tend to forget all that when he asks, because I really do like my brother, and oh man, will I miss him! Tonight's our last night together in Erie 'til Thanksgiving. Luckily, he is keeping me company on the long drive to Asheville, which will go down tomorrow. Unluckily, he refuses to help drive, and I am a little bit looped right now and will be worn the fuck out by the time we hit the road. Ah, well - I've burned seven mix CDs for us to sing along to, and we've got everything from Mariah Carey to old-school Usher to new-school Usher to Will Smith and Fergie. And, um, some credible music, too, although not much of it. And the fact that I am typing coherently right now is a good sign. Although the fact that Greg and I just danced to the Electric Slide (which Kara listens to just for fun, without dancing or anything, which is awesome because who does that?), and the Cha-Cha Slide, and "Cotton-Eyed Joe" in our living room is not the best sign, although it already makes a great memory. God, I love that boy.

He talked to Marshall's brother on the phone tonight, which has me smiling like a fool. Oh, Greg! And oh, Marshall, who bought me something hot and blue, which she swears I'll look butch in! And oh, William, who just talked to me about his girl situation really cutely! Of course, he talked to me for so long because Marshall had already fallen asleep. William woke her up for me, but all she was capable of saying was, "I love you, baby." Which I am not complaining about. There'll be time for solid conversation once we're both back in Asheville, which will be on Saturday!

And until then? More family bonding time! Which is actually a really nice option right now, because I fucking love my family, and this time at home has been nothing but good for me. I got some work done, read some really good books, gave my cat a whole lot of loving, and got much closer to my family. This bodes well for my future, I think. Now, if only I could work out this grad school situation, right?

Okay, why am I even awake right now? I'm off to sleep, and then off to shop, and then off to pack. And then, my friends, I'm off to Asheville, so watch out for that.

No comments: