Saturday, February 10, 2007

my love's still available, and I know you're insatiable!

So, after many failed attempts at recordkeeping, I'm back to blogging. The idea is to write daily-ish. We'll see how that works out; feel free to hold me to it.

Today's a fantastic day to start, as well, considering the mess of work I'm putting off right now. I've got some seriously sappy poetry to write, a Lori story due, a paper and presentation to work out, and more reading than I'll ever get through - but just watch me. However, because I've always marked Fridays as sacred, I spent last night looking at Brides magazine with Kenny, creating our own virtual wedding party (see below) and taking quizzes to find out our animal spirits and inner screen sirens (mine are the mongoose and Dorothy Dandridge, respectively), having screwdrivers (thanks, Chris), and then heading to Rosetta's Kitchen around midnight. Situation: five of us were hungry, but Paul drives a truck. Muir was very gentlemanly and offered me a spot inside the warm truck, but I've got to seize my chances to build up some butch cred, so Kenny and I bundled up and hurled ourselves into the truck's bed. Not only did we get a fantastic view of the stars and streetlights, we also got to bump along and roll into each other and have shouted conversations about my strap-on quandary (which has since been resolved, thanks). Rosetta's was so warm and my friends are so funny and I ate fruit salad and sweet potato fries and it was good. When we got back, Kenny took us on a field trip to find the best spot for laundry-room sex; on the way, we ran into Marshall. Mmm. Other Robert happened by the room later, and we watched some Billy Brandt, which gets hotter every single time. Late new years resolution: be more like Billy Brandt in bed.


Up very late with Marshall; only five hours of sleep before she had to head out, and the past two nights have been similar, sleep-wise, but I'd rather be exhausted. Just for the record: it was never supposed to get this way. But this girl is something else, and while I've gotten pretty good at saying no over the years, I'm not completely stupid.

Which is why I just spent the past two hours making a valentine, while watching Maedchen in Uniform. Edgar is swirling prettily in his tiny tank, and the sunlight's strong, and I am very hungry and very anxious about the lit party tonight. I finally ditched the Damien Rice, and am now back to my old diet of shameless pop music. I keep getting up to dance along, and yeah, I'm going to be paying for this tomorrow, but life is so fucking good today.

No comments: